Have you ever admired your brothers shirt or your boyfriends old tee that he tosses around and wondered how you can pull it off without looking like a total mess? I have a few tips and tricks up my sleeve just for you.
- Do not be afraid to go an extra size up, there is plenty of things you can do with a simple shirt that is not your size. One tip I can give you is if you roll up the sleeves a bit, it gives off a smaller shirt size so it doesn’t overwhelm the style. You can rock knee high boots to balance out the length of the shirt and add some statements to your look by pairing them with a necklace or some earrings.
- Complimentary colors are your best friend! This helps when you are tired with matching your tee with jeans and any basic short. If you want to do something different with your look, check out your color wheel and match it with the color across, this also helps when you want to mix your accessories or shoes, just remember to keep some of the accessories simple so you don’t have all the colors of the rainbow in one outfit, neutrality is always key.
- Patterns help with a busy boyish shirt, by wearing some bottoms that are not so simple it makes your outfit effortless. You could put on some cotton shorts with an abstract print that can balance the shirt out, without taking away too much from the outfit, you don’t really need a lot to work with patterns that’s the beauty of it.
- Keep the leggings! Some patterned leggings are reasonable to wear outside or at night. My favorite pair are just regular black, grey or faux leather- they make the outfit edgy without adding too much, plus I can wear some high boots with them- just remember they are not pants!
- Its true-the shoes make the outfit! You want to rock your BF’s Tee? Take those favorite heels out for a stroll, who cares if you’re going to HEB- have you ever heard that the world is your runway, because it is!
Here are my Outfit Details and where to get them!
Similar Style – BCBGMAXAZRIA Women’s “Teagan” Shorts
I am wearing a Emma style Fossil with leopard strap, here is a similar style –
Andrea Shoes (MX) – Summer Heels Here